Monday, March 9, 2009

My narrative report in RLE (community service)

Narrative Report



I was very excited when Ma’am Michelle Austria, our clinical instructor told us that we will be having our community service. It was September 18, 2008 when my heart was filled with excitement because we were to have our first exposure in community in barangay Buenlag. That time’ I told myself that “this is the beginning of the journey to become a nurse. Many things happened and all of those were very memorable for me.



On a rainy Thursday afternoon of September 25, 2008 we went to Buenlag for our second community health service. Due to the bad weather we were not able to reach the residents of the barangay. That afternoon was a bit frustrating but still we were very glad because the other personnel of the RHU imparted important knowledge to us.



On hot afternoon of October 4, 2008 we went to barangay Songkoy for our last community service. I was very happy then for the reason that instead of going to Buenlag we went to the other barangay in Calasiao. I met different people with different cultures and dbeliefs. I will never forget lola Maria that afternoon because of her love for her children and grandchildren. The community service in Songkoy was very unforgettable for me.



Overall, I was very happy of what we accomplished on our community service. I felt how hard to serve the people but its very fulfilling.













“The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action”

- Herbert Spencer

2 comments: